About this role
Aladdin Wealth Enterprise – Data Engineer – Associate
We are a fast-growing FinTech business operating within BlackRock Solutions, and our mission is to leverage the power of BlackRock’s data, scale, and financial models to give financial advisors the edge they need to build better portfolios and deliver better outcomes to their end customers. Our product is a B2B enterprise SaaS offering that analyzes millions of real portfolios around the world every day and we generate direct revenues for the firm. We operate as one cohesive unit spanning client, product, and engineering, and we pride ourselves on getting things done and delivering new business value quickly and frequently. We are passionate about finding new ways to solve real business problems in our industry using technology and data.
We are rapidly growing our Product Engineering team and are looking for talented, ambitious individuals who can independently architect, develop, and deploy data engineering solutions for a wide variety of business use cases.
- Design and develop data engineering solutions using Python to solve business problems.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Implementation team to build robust and efficient data pipelines through automation.
- Design and develop data analysis tools to generate actionable insights based on customer and team generated requirements
- Liaise with external parties and clients to determine appropriate data pipelines and deploy high quality code in mission-critical production environments
- Continually improve the reliability, stability, and performance of production data engineering processes that power the product offering
- Stay up-to-date with latest technologies to optimize the performance of the extract, transform and load process.
- Beyond engineering, a successful candidate will always strive to learn the business context of their projects to quickly play a leading role in solving problems and driving decisions
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2+ years of professional experience writing Python
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience architecting and deploying Python data processes in a production capacity
- Practical Data Science experience using Python or R
- Experience with cloud platforms and deployments
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently with minimal direction when appropriate
- Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products/markets is a plus
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.